If it's one technique you'll master using Fingercheck, it's the art of creating a new user.
Here are the steps to take to set up a new user:
- Log onto your Fingercheck account and go to the “Setup” tab. From the drop-down menu on the top left of the page, select “Security Menu.”
- Within the Security Menu click on "Security Users" and then the blue "Add" button.
- Within the "Security User Information" page you are required to enter your employee's email, username, password, and company.
- You will also need to select how they would like the time, date, and hours displayed, as well as the time zone (which is automatically set to Eastern).
- Once you have filled in the required fields, move down to the “User Roles” section, hit the blue “Add” button, and now you will need to choose the role this user has. There are three set user roles to choose from - employee, supervisor, and administrator.
Administrator – Administrators have full access to the software, however, you can still apply user filters.
Supervisor – Supervisors have limited access to the software but have certain managerial privileges. For instance, they can log into the mobile app and via any web browser and view and edit the data of employees. Administrators can narrow the data they have access to by creating custom filters.
Employee – Employees can log in to review their time card, request PTO, and you can select for them to be able to clock in and out. They cannot manipulate any form of data.
If the default roles are not satisfactory, you can also create custom roles depending on what you want your users to be able to see or do. To learn how to do so, click here. Once you create them, they'll be included in that same list.
Additionally, please note that every non-Employee user on a company has a monthly cost of $10. Don't create new admin/supervisor users if you don't need to!
- By default, Supervisor and Admin users will be able to see all employees. If you want to place limits on who your supervisors can see and can't see, move further down to the "User Filters” section, then click on "Add."
- In the new pop up window, select your "Division" from the drop-down box and the filter you would like to apply to this employee. If you do not currently have any filters set up, you can learn how to do so here.
Now you have created a new security user, classified their role rights, and applied any desired filters to their account abilities.
Lastly, if ever you (or your employer) are in need of technical assistance, you can contact our Support team at 1-800-610-9501, or, use our in-app messaging feature by logging into our secure site and initiating a conversation.
To learn more about our cost-effective and user-friendly cloud-based time and attendance software, check out our website at Fingercheck.com. Interested in our services? Sign up for a 30-day free trial and get started with FingerCheck today.