- Log onto your Fingercheck account and navigate over to the “Setup” tab. From the drop-down menu on the top left of the page, select “Policies Menu.”
- From the sidebar menu on the top left of the page, select "Alert Policies." Before building your policy, consider which employees you'd like to apply this policy to. As you can see, we've already built an alert policy for the sales division, which we aptly named after the sales team, making it easy to recognize the correct alert policy for application to the sales team's master profile. We'll now build an alert policy for the support division, which we will apply to the support team's corresponding master profile. Click on the blue "Add" button.
- Fill out the fields as follows - create a "Code" to label your policy and a "Description" that describes your policy. Select the way you would like to be notified when an alert triggers - you can choose from email, text message, phone, and push notification. If you'd like to be notified in all these ways, click "All."
- If you've chosen email, phone, and/or text, enter the phone number and email addresses for the parties you've chosen to be notified. You can enter multiple email addresses by separating them with commas. From the "Push Notification User Selection" window, select the users you want to be notified. Click on the "Add" button to create your alert rule.
- For "Alert Type" select "Punch - Notify After Punch." Check "Enabled" to enable the rule, and then check the boxes next to each punch type you'd like to receive alerts for. Note that you can also notify employees of their own punches by email, text, or push notification. If you choose to do so, you also have the option of typing a notification message to be added to your employees' notification in the very last field. When you are finished, click "Apply."
- Now you have made your first alert rule. You can build multiple alert rules within this policy so you can receive multiple alerts, like alerts when employees take long breaks or even when employees miss a punch. Once you're finished, review your alert policy. If everything looks in order, click on "Save."
- Next, you'll need to apply the policy to the master profile of your employees. Click on the "Setup" tab and select “System Menu" from the drop-down menu on the top left of the page.
- Once you're within the "System Menu," click "Master Profiles" from the sidebar menu on the left and then click into the master profile.
- Within the "Master Profile," select the alert policy you have just created and click on "Save."
You have just finished setting up punch alerts! Now you and all the employees you selected will get notifications after each punch. We also have guides on how to:
- Be alerted when employees miss a punch
- Be alerted when your employees take a long break
- Be alerted when employees punch out late
- Be alerted when employees punch outside a specified perimeter
To learn more about our cost-effective and user-friendly cloud-based time and attendance software, check out our website at Fingercheck.com. Interested in our services? Sign up for a 30-day free trial and get started with Fingercheck today.