If you didn't already know, Fingercheck offers an applicant hiring feature that any client (including you!) can opt in for.
This module is available as part of our Fingercheck360 package, but can also be enabled for your company individually.
In this guide you'll see how to use the Hiring features to post a job, screen applicants/run background checks, update the status of an applicant in the hiring process, and finally, hire an applicant through Fingercheck.
Note: If you are interested in being able to run background checks on applicants through Fingercheck, there is a first-time set up process that must be initiated by us.
Please reach out to us if you need to activate the ability to run background checks.
Creating a Job Opening
- On the Fingercheck Menu (the left side column), hover your mouse over "Hiring", then, click "Job Openings".
- On this screen, click the green "Add Job Opening" button.
- Fill out the "Job Opening Information" and "Job Description" sub-sections to your specifications.
- Directly underneath are all of the Job Questions.
This is how you can tell Fingercheck what fields to present to the applicant when they are signing up, and which of those fields cannot be left blank. Check the boxes for "Show" and "Req. (Require)" per your specifications.
Note: The fields for Social Security# and Background Check Permission must be set to Show and Req if you want to be able to run a Background Check on the applicants.
- Click the green "Save" button to save your work!
Interacting with Job Openings
- After saving your job, you will be directed back to the "Job Openings" page, where you can see the job you just made!
If you click on the "Action" menu (it's the icon to the right with the 3 horizontal bars) there are a number of actions you can take now that the job has been created.
You can edit the job, delete the job, add a new applicant, get a job link to email to candidates, and post your job on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, or Google+. If you click on the job itself, you will be shown all the applicants who have applied to the position.
- When viewing applicants, you'll get some basic need-to-know details displayed alongside their name in the window for easy identification.
If you click on the "Action" menu, you can Edit their application, Delete it, Run a Background Check, View Comments, View their Cover Letter, and View their Resume.
Note: If you are interested in being able to run background checks on applicants through Fingercheck, there is a first-time set up process.
Please reach out to us if you need to activate running background checks.
- To view candidates' applications, simply click on their name. You can see all of the personal information they entered. You can even leave a comment on the application, along with a star rating. That way, other admins or supervisors will notice your rating and pay special attention to this candidate. With each admin/supervisor's star rating, an average rating will be generated on the side.
- Using the "Average Rating" floating menu on the side, you can update their status by picking from one of the drop down options.
Make sure once you've done that to click the green "Save" button to save your work!
Hiring an Applicant
- Once you've decided on an applicant to hire, click "Hire". Click "OK" to proceed with the status change.
- If this position is for one single person, check the box to close the job with this hire. If you are hiring multiple people for the same position, leave the box blank. Then click "Add Employee" to add them to the system.
- This will automatically bring your new hire into Fingercheck.
If you have Fingercheck360, it will automatically bring you into the New Employee Onboarding process, so you can add them there. The page will populate with all of the information that was originally provided by the applicant.
That's all it takes! Maximizing your job hiring efficiency using Fingercheck's applicant tracking is simple.
Lastly, if ever you (or your employer) are in need of technical assistance, you can contact our Support team at 1-800-610-9501, or, use our in-app messaging feature by logging into our secure site and initiating a conversation.
To learn more about our cost effective and user-friendly cloud-based time and attendance software, check out our website at Fingercheck.com. Interested in our services? Sign up for a 30-day free trial and get started with FingerCheck today.