You can have reports automatically emailed to you on a minute, hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Here are the steps you'll need to take to set up an automatic emailed report:
- From the Fingercheck Dashboard, go to Setup > System > Scheduled Tasks. Then, click the blue "+Add" button to create a new task.
- Fill out a "Code" and "Description" for naming purposes, and leave "Job Status" as "Scheduled" (after all, what's the point of making the task but not having it run?).
Leave the "Last Execution Time" and "Next Execution Time" empty, as the system will fill these fields out automatically every time the task runs, so manually changing them is not recommended.
As an additional note, once you finish creating the task, it will automatically run immediately, regardless of what triggers you set, to make sure that it works as intended. If you do not want this to happen, you can manually set a "Next Execution Time".
- For "Run Task as User" select the user whose role you would like the report to be made according to (for example, a user with a filter on their account, who can only see certain employees, or your own admin user).
For the purposes of this tutorial, we will be selecting "John Smith," who is the system administrator of the account. By selecting him, we opt for him to receive reports on all the employees he supervises. If he has a filter on which employees he can see, he will only get reports on those employees.
- Next, we need to tell the Task what Report to run.
Click on "Add" in the "Task Actions" subsection.
In "Job Action", most of the time you would select "AUREP - Automatic Email Reports" for this purpose, however, "AUSREP - Automatic Email Supervisor Report" is a valid option as well, which we'll explain in more detail shortly.
"Sequence" refers to the order you want your actions to be executed, since you can have multiple actions on one task. But, since we do not have any other actions within this example task, we can just write 0, or leave it blank.
- With "AUREP - Automatic Email Reports", you will need to put in the email addresses to send to for the "MailTo" field. You can type more than one email address separated by commas.
Note: It's commas, not semicolons like in typical email clients!
- If you select "Automatic Email Supervisor Report," you will not have to enter any email addresses to send to - the system will determine the supervisors to send to, based on whether their employee profiles are marked as Supervisor, and other employee profiles have that person marked as their Supervisor. As such, make sure you've selected "Is Supervisor" for all the supervisors you want to receive reports.
- For the last line of the information box where it says "Report Code," you will need to enter the name of the report. Simply go to the "Reports" Tab and click on the appropriate category if you don't remember the exact name of your desired report, then come back to this point in the process once you've retrieved it.
- Click the green "Apply" button and you're done setting up your Task Action!
- Now that we've entered an action, we also need to tell the task when to run.
Click on the "Add" button next to "Task Triggers."
Pick the "Start Date" and "End Date" for the time frame of when you want these reports generated. In the following example, we decided to have these reports sent on a weekly schedule every Friday, so we selected Friday of the upcoming week all the way until 10/01/2099. We want the report sent at 9:00 AM so we wrote that next to "Time" and we selected "Weekly" for the "Trigger Type."
- Hit the green "Apply" button, then, make sure to hit the green "Save" button at the bottom of the page.
Now you are done! Your report has been automatically scheduled. If you did not set a "Next Execution Time" earlier, your designated email addresses should receive an email with a sample report within the next few minutes.
Lastly, if ever you (or your employer) are in need of technical assistance, you can contact our Support team at 1-800-610-9501, or, use our in-app messaging feature by logging into our secure site and initiating a conversation.
To learn more about our cost effective and user-friendly cloud-based time and attendance software, check out our website at Fingercheck.com. Interested in our services? Sign up for a 30-day free trial and get started with FingerCheck today.