Using Fingercheck, you can approve the expense requests your employees create on the mobile app and online, and even reimburse your employees each pay cycle. We've already written a guide on how to use expense reporting on the mobile app, so this article will detail how to set up your expenses on the back end. Here's how it works:
- Log onto your Fingercheck account and go to the “Setup” tab. From the drop-down menu on the top left of the page, select “Policies Menu.”
- From the list that appears, click on “Expense Policies” and then on the blue “Add” button to begin building your policy.
- Enter code and description to label your expense policy. If you wish to designate this policy as a reimbursement policy, check “Reimbursement.”
- Next, how do you wish to reimburse your employee? If you select “Earning Code,” you will be paying a pre-tax reimbursement.
- If you select "Division Deduction," you will be paying a post-tax reimbursement, however, only FingerCheck360 clients are able to do this.
(If you are not a Fingercheck360 client and would like to upgrade your plan, contact us using the information at the bottom of this article.)
- If you'd like to pay your employees without any tax, you can simply take note of the expense and write a check, forgoing processing the payment through our system.
- For "Earning Code," select the earning type to allocate to this expense policy. You can create an earning called "Reimbursement" as we did to more accurately categorize it, or simply select "Regular."
- If you'd like to select “Division Deduction," you will need to first create a deduction by going to the FingerCheck360 "Payroll Menu" to create a negative deduction (which will add a post-tax payment to your payroll).
- Now that you're finished, you can create additional expense policies, for instance, titled "Office expenses," "Non-reimbursable expenses," etc. Once you've done that, your employees can begin to formulate their requests with the division earning type you've set up.
You can also create expense requests on the mobile app and online. Here are the steps to do so:
- Navigate to the "Time & Labor" tab and select "Expense Requests."
- Click the "+" icon on the right of the navigation.
- Select the employee you'd like to make an expense for.
- Fill out the expense to your specifications within the window that appears. By "Request Status" you can select Approve, Requested, Declined. If what you are charging for is represented numerically, (like 50 miles) you can enter the quantity by "Quantity." From "Expense Type" you can select one of the expense types you have created. Enter the cost of the expense by "Amount." You can also opt to fill out any of the remaining fields, and to write a note detailing the expense by "Note." Click "Save" to finish.
- You can easily approve pending requests by checking the boxes for each request and clicking "Approve." Now you're done!
Now you have mastered setting up and using expense reporting on the online Fingercheck application.
Lastly, if ever you (or your employer) are in need of technical assistance, you can contact Fingercheck at 1-800-610-9501, or, use our in-app messaging feature by logging into our secure site and initiating a conversation.
To learn more about our cost-effective and user-friendly cloud-based time and attendance software, check out our website at Fingercheck.com. Interested in our services? Sign up for a 30-day free trial and get started with Fingercheck today.