Fingercheck integrates with many different payroll providers to ensure that exporting your timesheets is an effortless process. Here we outline the steps to set up an integration between Fingercheck and QuickBooks Online and how to export your timesheets once an integration has been established:
- Log onto your Fingercheck account and go to “Setup.” From the drop down menu on the left, select “Payroll Menu."
- Click on “Payroll Exports,” then click on "Add" to set up a new payroll integration.
- Next, create a "Code" and "Description" for your new integration and be sure to select QuickBooks Online as the "Export Type" from the drop down menu. Then enter your "Company ID" (click here to learn how to get your company ID) and then click "Authorize."
- This will open a new window hosted by Intuit asking you to log in to authorize access to your account. Enter your login credentials and sign in.
- You will get the following message asking for permission for Fingercheck to access your Intuit company data. Click "Authorize."
- Now you have confirmation that you are successfully connected to Fingercheck Quickbooks Online. You will need to copy the highlighted code to paste into Fingercheck to complete the integration:
- When you navigate back to your Fingercheck window, you will see that a pop-up has been triggered. Paste the code you just copied into the field and then click "Continue."
- A pop-up message will appear confirming the successful integration.
Now you are all done! Your integration should appear in your "Payroll Exports" window.
Once you've set up your integration you can easily export your time sheets to QuickBooks Online. Before exporting your time sheets however, you'll first need to make sure the short description of your earning codes match the earning codes in QuickBooks Online, also known as pay items. Since you can name earning codes whatever you'd like on Fingercheck, and name pay items whatever you want in QuickBooks Online, matching the two is simple. After verifying that your codes match, the following are the steps you'll need to take to export your data to QuickBooks Online:
- Go to your Payroll tab and select "Payroll Export" on the left.
- Choose QuickBooks Online as your Export Type, then click on "Export."
You can also export specific data according to filters, such as by pay group or earning list.
Now you are done!
To learn more about our cost effective and user-friendly cloud-based time and attendance software, check out our website at Fingercheck.com. Interested in our services? Sign up for a 30-day free trial and get started with Fingercheck today.