There may come a time when you want to terminate an employee within Fingercheck. There are two ways to do this. You can either click on an individual employee within the "Employee" tab to terminate that employee, or use "Quick Actions" which allows you to terminate one or more employees.
Let's begin by walking through the process of individually terminating an employee:
- Log onto your Fingercheck account and go to the "Employee" tab, then click on the "Employee#" of the employee you wish to terminate.
- Click on "Position and Rates" from the sidebar on the left. Within the window box that appears, find "Employee Status" and click on "Terminated," then click "Save."
- Once you've clicked "Save," a pop-up message will appear asking you if you would like to delete the employee from all time clocks. Click yes if you wish to do so, or cancel if not.
- If you click on OK, you will receive a confirmation message stating that the selected user was deleted from the clock(s).
- If you would prefer to use "Quick Actions," go to the "Employee" tab, select the employees you'd like to terminate and click on "Quick Actions" and then click on "Mass Change."
- After clicking on "Mass Change," you will be brought to a pop-up window. From the drop down menu next to "Change Type," select "Status." From the drop down menu next to "Change To" select "Terminated." Then click on "OK."
- After clicking on "OK," you will be asked to confirm the update of the employees selected. Enter the number of employees you are terminating and then click on "OK."
Once you terminate your employee(s), you can filter them out so you no longer have to see them. This is beneficial because the employee goes away but their data remains within the system. Let's start with the "Employee" tab:
- Start by heading to the "Employee" tab, then click on "Status." A pop up will appear, letting you choose "A" for "Active" or "T" for "Terminated." Select "A." After doing this, you should see the employee removed from your "Employee" tab.
- If you want to filter the time card to show only active employees, go to the "Time Card" tab and click on "Advance Selection" on the left side of the window.
- When the "Employee Advance Selection" window pops up, go to status and select "Terminated" and go to "Filter By" and select "Status." Then click "OK."
Now you have fully filtered out terminated employees from the "Time Card" tab.
To learn more about our cost effective and user-friendly cloud-based time and attendance software, check out our website at Fingercheck.com. Interested in our services? Sign up for a 30-day free trial and get started with Fingercheck today.