If you've just signed up for Fingercheck, you probably can't wait to begin using our software to track time. So, where do you start? The time card is where you'll be spending the majority of your time. Here's a guide to understanding the basic functions of the time card.
- The "Time Card" tab holds all your employee punches and will be your go-to tab for all time-related processes. To start with, you'll want to master the basics, like viewing punches, editing and entering punches, and viewing punch photos and notes.
- Within the "Time Card," you can view each employee's time card. Select an employee from the drop-down list, or search by the options provided in the "Search In" list. You can adjust date parameters by selecting a pay period from the "Dates" drop-down list or by entering a custom date range. Let's take a closer look at the punches.
- As you can see, the main time card's primary function is to display your employees' time entries. All punches are automatically downloaded after they've been made, and you can view and edit punch details by clicking into a punch. Punches that are marked with an * have been edited and punches marked with three lines contain an employee punch note. To enter a punch, click into an empty space within the time card or use the "Enter Punch" option at the top of the page. The rest of the time card displays any punch exceptions you may have, a breakdown of total hours, and the specific departments or jobs that your employees have worked.
- Let's click into a punch. As mentioned before, within the punch details screen you can view specific information like punch date, punch time, punch type, etc. You can also delete the punch by clicking the "Delete" button located in the bottom left corner. If your employees have taken a punch photo, you can view punch photos by clicking on the profile icon in the top right corner. Within this window, you will also be able to view a note if one has been left and write your own note within the punch. Once you're finished editing a punch, you have two saving options. Click on "Save & Close" to finish making your edits or "Save & New" to close the window and open a new punch window.
- Once you're back within the time card, you can also enter hours or absence for an employee by clicking on "Enter Hours" or "Enter Absence" at the top of the page. If you make any modifications, be sure to click the "Recalculate" button at the bottom, which will recalculate the time card to include your changes. If you want to leave a specific note on the day, enter by clicking into the notes row and entering a note.
- If you have mobile employees clocking in, you might be interested in our GEO Live Map feature powered by Google Maps, which allows you to view all your mobile employees' punches in maximum detail. To go to our GEO Live Map feature, click on "Live Status" within the time card.
- This will open a digital map with pins placed according to the GPS coordinates captured when your employees punch from the mobile app, or from the IP address they used to punch from a web browser. To review a punch, hover over a pin and you will be able to view the name, punch time, date, and exact address and photo of that punch.
The time card allows you to manage your employees' time with efficiency and ease. This article is a basic guide on how to understand the time card. If you're interested in learning about other time card features and functions, check out our Help Desk category, Time Card.
To learn more about our cost-effective and user-friendly cloud-based time and attendance software, check out our website at Fingercheck.com. Interested in our services? Sign up for a 30-day free trial and get started with Fingercheck today.