It goes without saying that an Absence Policy is one of the first policies you'll want to set up when you begin using Fingercheck. You can learn how to create an absence policy and set standard default hours using this quick and easy guide.
- Log onto your Fingercheck account, go to the “Setup" tab and click on the left sidebar. From the drop-down menu, select “Policies."
- Click on “Absence Policies”. If you currently have policies already set up, they will be displayed here. To create a new policy, click on the blue “Add” button.
- On the following screen, enter the title of your policy next to “Code” and a brief description of the policy next to “Description”.
- Where it says “Paid” you can either check the box or leave it unchecked. If you would like this to be the policy for paid absence leave, check the box. If you want to create a paid absence policy and a non-paid absence policy, create two policies and check “paid” for one, and leave “paid” unchecked for the other.
- If “Paid” is checked, you will need to select the earning code, as your firm may apply specific rates for overtime, sick, holiday, etc. In order to assign the correct rate to this particular absence, choose how the absence should be classified in the “Division Earning” category.
- If you have an accrual policy in place that you have already set up with Fingercheck, you may choose it in the "Accrual Policy" drop-down list. If you do not have an accrual policy set up, but would like to make one, you can set one up under Accrual Policies.
- In “Default Hours” enter the standard amount of hours typical to a full day of work at your company. For example, for many companies, eight hours make up a typical workday, so you would enter “8.” The number you choose will now be automatically generated and applied to each employee's absence request you receive.
- Click the green "Save" button and you're done!
To learn more about our cost-effective and user-friendly cloud-based time and attendance software, check out our website at Fingercheck.com. Interested in our services? Sign up for a 30-day free trial and get started with Fingercheck today.