If you would like to pay an employee outside of your normal payroll cycle, you can do so by running a Special Payroll.
- From the Fingercheck side menu, click “Payroll”. Then, on the Payroll Dashboard, click on “Special Payroll” in the "Quick Actions" subsection.
- Enter your desired pay date under “Check Date”
- Enter 1 under “Run Number” if this is your only payroll for that check date. Increment this number if there are other payroll runs on that date.
- Leave the “Status” as Scheduled.
- Select the “Period Begin” and “Period End” dates you are paying for.
- By “Schedule Date”, enter a date that is at least two days prior to the “Check Date”.
- You can add additional overrides by clicking any of the sliders below the Schedule Date (i.e. to block taxes or direct deposits).
Note: "Block Tax Filing" does NOT stop required taxes such as SSEC and Medicare.
- Once you are done, hit “Save”.
- With Special Payroll, you will automatically be brought into Step 4, “Payroll Entry”, which will start off empty. Press the + button to add employees to your payroll.
- Place a check in the boxes next to the names of the employees you want to pay, and then press Add.
- Use the Payroll Grid to fill out their hours/amounts and then press Save Changes. You can also click the "Actions" icon (the 3 horizontal bars) next to each name to do things such as individually edit or delete checks.
- Press Next to continue onto Preview Payroll section to get a line by line breakdown of your employee payrolls.
- Complete the payroll as normal.
Lastly, if ever you (or your employer) are in need of technical assistance, you can contact our Support team at 1-800-610-9501, or, use our in-app messaging feature by logging into our secure site and initiating a conversation.
To learn more about our cost-effective and user-friendly cloud-based time and attendance software, check out our website at Fingercheck.com. Interested in our services? Sign up for a 30-day free trial and get started with FingerCheck today.