If you didn't know already, Fingercheck offers an applicant tracking feature any client (including you!) can opt in for.
In this guide you'll see how to post a job, screen applicants, update the status of an applicant in the hiring process, and finally, hire an applicant through Fingercheck:
- On the Fingercheck side menu, hover your mouse over "Hiring", then, click "Job Openings".
- On this screen, click the green "Add Job Opening" button.
- Fill out the "Job Opening Information" and "Job Description" sub-sections to your specifications.
- Directly underneath are all the Job Questions. This is how you can tell Fingercheck what fields to present to the applicant when they are signing up, and which of those fields cannot be left blank. Check the boxes for "Show" and "Req. (Require)" per your specifications.
- After saving your job, you will be directed back to the "Job Openings" page, where you can see the job you just made! If you click on the "Action" menu (it's the icon to the right with the 3 horizontal bars) there are a number of actions you can take now that the job has been created. You can edit the job, delete the job, add a new applicant, get a job link you can email to interested candidates, and post your job on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. If you click on the job itself, you will be shown all the applicants who have applied to the position.
- When viewing the applicants, you'll get some basic need-to-know details displayed alongside their name in the window for easy identification. If you click on the "Action" menu, you can edit their application, delete it, run a background check, view comments, view their cover letter, and view their resume. There is also a rating system (which we will get into next).
- To view candidates' applications, simply click on their name. You can see all of the personal information they entered. You can even leave a comment on his application, along with a star rating. That way, other admins or supervisors will notice your rating and pay special attention to this candidate. With each admin/supervisor's star rating, an average rating will be generated on the side.
- Using the "Average Rating" floating menu on the side, you can update their status by picking from one of the drop down options.
Make sure to click the "Save" button on top to save your work!
- Once you decide to hire, click "Hire." Click "OK" to proceed with the status change.
- If this position is for one single person, check the box to close the job with this hire. If you are hiring multiple people for the same position, leave the box blank. Then click "Add Employee" to add them to the system.
- This will automatically bring your new hire into Fingercheck. If you have Fingercheck360, it will automatically bring you into the new employee onboarding module so you can add them there. The page will populate with pre-filled fields from the application your new hire applied with.
That's all it takes! Maximizing your job hiring efficiency using Fingercheck's applicant tracking is simple.
Lastly, if ever you (or your employer) are in need of technical assistance, you can contact our Support team at 1-800-610-9501, or, use our in-app messaging feature by logging into our secure site and initiating a conversation.
To learn more about our cost effective and user-friendly cloud-based time and attendance software, check out our website at Fingercheck.com. Interested in our services? Sign up for a 30-day free trial and get started with FingerCheck today.