You can have reports automatically emailed to you on a minute, hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Here are the steps you'll need to take to set up an automatic emailed report:
- Log onto your Fingercheck account and go to the "Setup" tab. From the drop down menu on the top left of the page, select “System Menu."
Now click on "Scheduled Tasks" from the sidebar on the left, and then the blue "Add" button.
- Fill out a "Code" and "Description" and leave "Job Status" as "Scheduled." You can leave the "Last Execution Time" and "Next Execution Time" empty, as the system will fill them out by default. Automatically, once you have finished setting up your automatic emailed report, you will be sent a report right away, which is beneficial as a test to make sure you have set up your report successfully. If you don't want to be sent a test report, you can enter an exact Execution Time.
- For "Run Task as User," select the user role you would like the report to be made according to. For the purposes of this tutorial, we will be selecting "John Smith," who is the system administrator of the account. By selecting her, we opt for her to receive reports on all the employees she supervises. If she has a filter on which employees she can see, she will only get reports on those employees. After this, we are going to move on to filling out the "Task Actions" and "Task Triggers."
- Click on "Add" next to "Task Actions." For "Job Action" select the action that corresponds to the report you want to be sent. "Sequence" refers to the order you want your actions to be scheduled by. Since we do not have another actions within this task, we can just write 0.
- If you select "Automatic Email Reports" you will need to put in the email addresses to send to. You can type more than one email address separated by commas.
- If you select "Automatic Email Supervisor Report," you will not have to enter any email addresses to send to - the system will generate the supervisors to send to. Make sure you've selected "Is Supervisor" for all the supervisors you want to receive reports.
- For the last line of the information box where it says "Report Code," you will need to enter the name of the report, and there is a technical name you will need to retrieve from the system. You will need to find the accurate "Report Code" to paste into the "Job Action" box. Simply go to the "Reports" Tab and click on the appropriate category.
- After entering the "Task Actions" click on the "Add" button next to "Task Triggers." Pick the "Start Date" and "End Date" for the time frame of when you want these reports generated. We decided to have these reports sent on a weekly schedule every Thursday, so we selected Thursday of the upcoming week all the way until Thursday of 2030. We want the report sent at 9:00 AM so we wrote that next to "Time" and we selected "Weekly" for the "Trigger Type."
Now you are done! Your report has been automatically scheduled.
To learn more about our cost effective and user-friendly cloud-based time and attendance software, check out our website at Fingercheck.com. Interested in our services? Sign up for a 30-day free trial and get started with Fingercheck today.