Need to edit your employee's tax withholding? No problem! You can make these changes by logging into Fingercheck and going to "Taxes" within his/her employee profile, or you can also direct them to make the changes themselves through the mobile app.
If you would like to make the changes, follow along with us as we walk you through the process:
- Log onto your Fingercheck account and go to the "Employee" tab. Select an employee.
- Open the drop-down menu on the left and click on "Payroll Menu."
- Go to "Taxes"...
- and then click on "Edit" next to any of the taxes.
- A pop-up window will appear where you can edit their tax exemptions.
- Also, if your employee wishes to withhold an additional flat amount from their paycheck, enter the desired amount by "Additional Amount." Don't forget to click "Apply" to save your changes.
To withhold less money, we suggest increasing the number entered by "Exemptions." The IRS may find that they owe additional taxes when reviewing their tax return.
- If you edited the exemptions field, a pop-up window will appear asking if you'd like the system to apply the change to all the tax codes for that employee. Click "Cancel" or "OK."
And that's it! You are good to go.
To learn more about our cost-effective and user-friendly cloud-based time and attendance software, check out our website at Fingercheck.com. Interested in our services? Sign up for a 30-day free trial and get started with Fingercheck today.