When creating security roles for various types of staff, you may want to grant individual employee access to some supervisory level data, but not every field. For example, if you have a supervisor who needs to be able to view "Employee Name" but you don’t want them to be able to view "Salary," or "Social Security" information, this data can be filtered out from their access. Additionally, you can assign certain role rights to each user to allow them certain capabilities within the system.
The example below will demonstrate how data can be filtered from both editing and viewing when creating a security role
- Log onto your Fingercheck account and go to the "Setup" tab. From the drop-down menu on the top left of the page, select "Security Menu."
- Select "Security Roles" and then click on the blue "Add" button to add a new role.
- For "Role," type a label for the role as you want it to be identified to you.
- For "Role Type" choose what they'll select when they log in.
- "Copy Role" is a shortcut that allows you to copy the role rights from a specific role type. In this instance, we are selecting the Supervisor.
- Click "OK" to confirm copying all role rights.
- As you can see, certain boxes have automatically been ticked.
- Depending on the capabilities you would like to give this user, you can tick or untick any boxes you'd like in order to customize this employee's role even further.
- When finished, you can click on the “+” to expand the "Role Fields" window to select filtering options. Within this window you will be shown all the fields you can grant your user access to. For each field, you can give them viewing access and/or editing access. Tick your boxes according to your preferences.
To finalize your actions, click on "Save."
To learn more about our cost-effective and user-friendly cloud-based time and attendance software, check out our website at Fingercheck.com. Interested in our services? Sign up for a 30-day free trial and get started with Fingercheck today.