Taking care of your employees' time off using the Fingercheck mobile app is simple. You can approve absence requests and schedule absences you know are coming up ahead of time. Whether it's a one day absence or a range of days, you can approve and schedule absences for vacation, sick days, holidays, and the list goes on. Fingercheck makes it easy to keep track of your employees' time off by grouping absence requests and scheduling in one menu dedicated to time off.
To approve an absence request follow these steps:
- Log into the mobile app as a supervisor. Swipe from the left or tap on the menu icon to pull out the sidebar menu. Once the menu is open, tap on "Approve Requests."
- The "Approve Requests" screens are different between the iPhone and Android phones. If you are using an iPhone (as shown), tap on the pencil icon on the top right or swipe from the left side of the screen to reveal blank circles next to each request. If you are using an Android phone, there will be blank check boxes next to each request. To approve or decline a request, tap the request box/circle and then tap "Decline" or "Approve." Here we approved a request from employee Matt Damon. As you can see, the request went from Pending to Scheduled.
That's all it takes!
To schedule an absence:
- Stay within the "Approve Requests" page. Android phone users should tap on the "+" button to schedule an absence. iPhone users (as shown), tap on the pencil icon on the top right or swipe from the left side of the screen. Then tap the "New" button that appears. Once the "Select Employee" list appears, tap on the employee you want to enter an absence for.
- Now select the appropriate absence policy, date(s) of absence, specific time frame off, hours, and an optional note. Then tap "Submit." It will show "Updating Absence in Progress."
- Now the absence is scheduled. The first date in the range has already passed, so it is under Used. The other three dates are under Scheduled.
It's as simple as that! Scheduling an absence is easy using the Fingercheck mobile app.
To learn more about our cost effective and user-friendly cloud-based time and attendance software, check out our website at Fingercheck.com. Interested in our services? Sign up for a 30-day free trial and get started with Fingercheck today.