Creating a manual check using Fingercheck360 is a snap! Whether you want to pay a bonus, make a correction to a prior payment, or pay an early termination payment, you can easily create a one-time check without having to process payroll.
Here are the steps you'll need to take in order to make a manual check:
- Log onto your Fingercheck account and go to the "Payroll" tab. Then click on "Check Calculator" to begin creating the check.
- Select the check recipient, then click "Continue."
- Now it's time to write the check. If you'd like to override any of the standard actions that are typically applied to your checks, such as scheduled deductions, employee taxes, etc. you can do so by tick-ing any of those boxes within "Pay Overrides." Click on the "+" symbol in order to make the "Earnings" fields editable.
- Within "Earnings," select the Earning Code to use for this check. If you're paying an hourly employee for time worked, enter the number of hours you'd like to pay and the rate. You can also simply enter a flat amount, i.e. $100, if you'd like. Once you have entered your check details, press "Calculate."
- Fingercheck360 will calculate the net pay of the check - click "OK" to proceed.
- You will be brought back to the check detail window, where you will click "Save."
- Once you've clicked "Save," within the Payroll Dashboard, you can click on "Manual Checks," to view and print your check.
- Now you will see your newly made check - simply click "Action," and then "Print Check" to print out your check and hand it to your employee!
Your employee can deposit the check right away, just know that the this check's taxes will be submitted when you next process payroll. Now, whenever you need to issue a quick check, you know how to do so.
To learn more about our cost effective and user-friendly cloud-based time and attendance software, check out our website at Fingercheck.com. Interested in our services? Sign up for a 30-day free trial and get started with Fingercheck today.