If you're new to "Quick Actions," you'll soon familiarize yourself with its utility, as this unique drop down menu allows you to quickly apply a wide range of employee actions to multiple employees. Here's a quick guide breaking down the "Quick Actions" menu.
- "Quick Actions" is located within the "Employee" Tab and allows you to make nine different types of actions and apply them to the employees you select.
1. Mass Change: The first function, "Mass Change," essentially allows you to make a mass change to all the employees you've selected. You can change the Department/ Sub Department/Job/PayGroup/Status/MasterProfile/Supervisor/ Exclude from Payroll/Task/Location/Pay Frequency of your employee(s). This feature is well used by companies whose employees frequently change jobs or tasks often, such as construction companies.
A couple of quick notes from our technicians about what you can do using "Mass Change" - keep in mind that in order to make a change to Paygroups, Supervisor, Task, and Location, you first need to create options to even change to. Also, note that changing an employee's status to "Terminated" will not remove the employees from the clock, but simply changes their status to terminated. However, to keep these employees out of your employee tab, you can simply switch the filter to show only Active employees.
2. Send Employees to Clock: The "Send Employees to Clock" option sends over your employees' name and clock number to the clock. If you have multiple clock terminals, they will display all of them so you can send your employees to the applicable clock terminal(s).
3. Send Fingerprints to Clock: After you've sent your employees to the clock, you can send their actual fingerprints over to the clock in order to complete the task. Note that if you do this before sending your employees first, the clock will not be able to recognize your employees.
4. Download Fingerprints: If you have multiple clocks, you can download fingerprints off one clock and send them to another in order to ensure your employees' fingerprints will be recognized on that device too.
5. Exchange Employee Data: This function imports data, such as from your payroll provider. This is a more complex function to be used with help from our technical support team.
6. Send Self Service Enrollment: You can invite your employees to sign up for employee self service if you'd like them to be able to log into their own accounts and have employee access to the software. Once you send self service enrollment, the system will send them an email inviting them to set up their own account.
7. Allow Mobile Punch: If you'd like to give your employees approval to make mobile punches, instead of having to go to each employee's profile individually to tweak their settings, you can select all your employees at once and allow them permission to mobile punch.
8. Allow Web Punch: You can now also enable web punches so your employees can punch in using our online time clock page (which requires self-service to access).
9. Require Photo on Mobile Punch: You can now also enable a setting that requires all selected employees to take a cell phone photo when punching in using the mobile app for identity verification purposes.
As you have just learned, the "Quick Action" menu allow you to do most of the major tasks you need right from the Employee tab!
To learn more about our cost effective and user-friendly cloud-based time and attendance software, check out our website at Fingercheck.com. Interested in our services? Sign up for a 30-day free trial and get started with Fingercheck today.