Every user has the option of choosing their preferred time display so they can see their worked hours depicted in a decimal format or a minute format. The difference in how time is displayed can change how an employee understands their time cards and hours worked, which is why we offer multiple options for viewing this data.
For instance, some people find it more easy to visually comprehend time in the minute format, whereas others might prefer to read time in decimals. For instance, 30 minutes can be depicted as :30 or .50. Professional payroll workers usually opt for the decimal format, whereas everyday workers tend to settle on minutes. For payroll purposes, time worked must be converted into decimals to do calculations.
To view the available formats and adjust your settings, follow these simple steps:
- Log onto your Fingercheck account and go to the right top hand corner of your page and click on "Preferences.”
- In the Preferences pop-up you there is a field titled "Hours Format Display." Here you can change the hour display to "Hours And Decimal" or "Hours And Minutes."
- A decimal format displays hours worked in decimal time, so for instance an employee working three and one quarter hours would be shown as 3.25 (with the .25 representing one quarter of an hour, and .50 representing half an hour, and so on and so forth).
- An hours and minutes format displays hours worked in exact minutes. To use the same example, three and one quarter hours would be shown as 3:15.
- Select the display format you want and click "Save."
Now you have finalized your settings. To view these changes, log out of your account and log in again.
If you'd like to convert minutes into decimals, you can do so by typing "Convert minutes to hours" into Google, which will pull up the following converter:
Or, you can divide the amount of minutes by 60 (20/60=0.333...)
Fingercheck was designed for flexibility and customization for all its users, and accommodates multiple user preferences in many aspects of our software design. Our adjustable time display settings is just one way Fingercheck helps users make sense of their time and attendance information.
To learn more about our cost effective and user-friendly cloud-based time and attendance software, check out our website at Fingercheck.com. Interested in our services? Sign up for a 30-day free trial and get started with Fingercheck today.