EMPLOYEE | How to Create a General Request
Employees can now send notes to supervisors through FingerCheck. This can be done on the mobile app and online by sending general requests (not to be confused with absence requests). General requests can be grouped under request types like "Long Break," "In Early," "Overtime Request," etc. Whether it's a request to come in early to get work done, or to take a long break, employees can now directly message your supervisors for approval.
Employees, here's how:
On the Online Application
- Log onto your FingerCheck account. In your dashboard, right below "Absence Requests," you should see "Requests." To make a new request, click "Create Request."
- Within the "Request Information" window, create your request. The first field, "Request Status" will be pre-selected to "Requested." Select your "Request Type" from the drop down menu of request types your supervisor should have built for you to select from. Choose the one that fits your request. Select the "Request Date" you are requesting about, and within "Note," write the actual request itself. Then click "Save."
- You should see the request in your dashboard now.
- Your supervisor will receive an email containing your request.
On the Mobile App
- Additionally, when your supervisor logs into the online application, they will see a new request within the "Requests" window of their dashboard.
- Log into the mobile app as an employee. Swipe from the left to pull out the sidebar menu. Tap on "Requests." Once you're on the "Requests" screen, tap the "+" button to create a request.
Once your supervisor has responded to the request, the status of your request will change. If it has been approved it will show as "Scheduled." If it has been declined it will show as "Declined."
- Select the request type your request falls under, the "Date" your request concerns, and type your request in the "Note" box. Then your request will be generated as "Pending" approval.
Communicating with supervisors is easier than ever with the help of FingerCheck!
To learn more about our cost effective and user-friendly cloud-based time and attendance software, check out our website at FingerCheck.com. Interested in our services? Sign up for a 30-day free trial and get started with FingerCheck today.