How to Set up Background Checks
If you're interested in centralizing your hiring activities to FingerCheck, you can upgrade to FingerCheck360 for full access to our entire suite of software features, or add our HR module to your standard FingerCheck account. You'll be able to create job postings, keep track of applicants, and run background checks, all from FingerCheck. Follow these directions to learn how to initially set up background checks. Once you complete the process, you'll be able to run a background check on any candidate you want:
- Go to the "Setup" tab. From the drop down menu on the top left of the page, select "System Menu."
- From the "System Menu," click on "Background Checks" and then click on the yellow "Add" button.
- Add a "Code" and "Description" and click on "Signup."
- After you've clicked "Signup" a new window will automatically open, asking you to fill out basic company information for our vendor, Proforma Screening Solutions. Once you are done, click "Next."
- Read the service agreement and check both boxes to attest that you accept and understand the terms of the service agreement and click "Next."
- Once you've done that, you will be given login credentials to paste back into the FingerCheck window, which you'll find is still open and should be next to the Proforma page.
- Once you're back in your FingerCheck webpage, disregard the number that automatically appeared within the "Client User Name" field and enter the login credentials.
- Click "Save" and you're done! To run a background check, go to the Application Dropdown menu at the top of the page and select "Applicant Tracking."
You've just mastered how to run a background check! Remember, each feature within FingerCheck comes with a cost, so make sure to review the fees.
To learn more about our cost effective and user-friendly cloud-based time and attendance software, check out our website at FingerCheck.com. Interested in our services? Sign up for a 30-day free trial and get started with FingerCheck today.
- Go to "Applicants," locate the applicant you'd like to run a background check on, and click "Action" next to their name. Then click "Run Background Check."