How to Set up Punch Notifications
If you like to stay on top of your staff’s time and attendance, you can set up punch alerts that notify you by email, text message, or push notification when your employees punch, miss a punch, and more. To do this, you will need to set up an alert policy you can apply to your employees’ master profiles to begin receiving punch notifications. Within that policy, you can create as many alert rules as needed to get every type of alert you want. In this article, we’ll be covering how to set up an alert policy to notify you when an employee makes a punch.
- Log onto your FingerCheck account and navigate over to the “Setup” tab. From the drop down menu on the top left of the page, select “Policies Menu.”
- From the sidebar menu on the top left of the page, select "Alert Policies." Before building your policy, consider which employees you'd like to apply this policy to. As you can see, we've already build an alert policy for the sales division, which we aptly named after the sales team, making it easy to recognize the correct alert policy for application to the sales team's master profile. We'll now build an alert policy for the support division, which we will apply to the support team's corresponding master profile. Click on the yellow "Add" button.
- Fill out the fields as follows - create a "Code" to label your policy and a "Description" that describes your policy. Select the way you would like to be notified when an alert triggers - you can choose from email, text message, phone, and push notification. If you'd like to be notified in all these ways, click "All."
- If you've chosen email, phone, and/or text, enter the phone number and email addresses for the parties you've chosen to be notified. You can enter multiple email addresses by separating them with commas. From the "Push Notification User Selection" window, select the users you want notified. Click on the "Add" button to create your alert rule.
- For "Alert Type" select "Punch - Notify After Punch." Check "Enabled" to enable the rule, and then check the boxes next to each punch type you'd like to receive alerts for. Note that you can also notify employees of their own punches by email, text, or push notification. If you choose to do so, you also have the option of typing a notification message to be added to your employees' notification in the very last field. When you are finished, click "Apply."
- Next you'll need to apply the policy to the master profile of your employees. Click on the "Setup" tab and select “System Menu" from the drop down menu on the top left of the page.
- Once you're within the "System Menu," click "Master Profiles" from the sidebar menu on the left and then click into the master profile.
- Within the "Master Profile," select the alert policy you have just created and click on "Save."
You have just finished setting up punch alerts! Now you and all the employees you selected will get notifications after each punch. We also have guides on how to:
To learn more about our cost effective and user-friendly cloud-based time and attendance software, check out our website at FingerCheck.com. Interested in our services? Sign up for a 30-day free trial and get started with FingerCheck today.