Setting up Your Time Clock Tablet App
The FingerCheck Time Clock turns your iPad or Android tablet into a fully functioning time clock in just minutes. You can find the app on iTunes as well as Google Play. After downloading the app, simply log in and set your preferences for the clock display and punch page. Once you've saved your settings, the time clock is ready for use. Read on to learn how to configure your time clock and how you and your employees can use it to punch in:
- You will need to log in with a supervisor role (learn how to create one by reading our article on how to make custom roles). Log in by entering your "Username," "Password," and "Company Code" (the same credentials you use to sign into your FingerCheck account online).
- When you log in for the first time, you will be greeted with the "Settings" screen. You can set the app to "Take Photo On Punch" to verify the true identity of the employee punching. You can also set the app to "Capture Location On Punch" with GPS tracking to verify the location of each punch. The option "Enable Quick Punch" lets your employees punch and go. Unless you'd like your employees to manually provide punch details each time they punch, this option is for you. You can also opt to pre-select the "Default Cost Centers" you see on the right if you'd like to set your clock up with some basic information. The last option, "Keep Screen On" allows you to program the app to stay awake all day so the app never goes to sleep.
- After that, the clock terminal is ready for use. Employees can walk up to the clock and clock in by entering their clock number (which you provide), then tapping on the punch they want to make, either "In," "Out," or "Transfer." Though the screen does not show it, the app will capture each punch's location if you have enabled GPS tracking.
- As you can see, the GPS tracking is visible in this more detailed screen. If "Quick Punch" is not enabled your employees will see this screen and will need to enter details with their punch, then tap "Submit."
- If you've set the clock to take photo on punch, your tablet camera will activate and your employee will need to take a picture, then tap "Submit."
- Once their picture is submitted, their successful punch will be confirmed.
It's as simple as that! Using FingerCheck's Time Clock app, you can provide your employees with a time clock in the office, out in the field, or on the go.
To learn more about our cost effective and user-friendly cloud-based time and attendance software, check out our website at FingerCheck.com. Interested in our services? Sign up for a 30-day free trial and get started with FingerCheck today.