- A pop up message will appear informing you of the export that is about to occur. Click "OK."
- Name the file and save it. Once you have done that, go to the file location, c
- A pop up will appear that shows you the programs you can use to open the file. Click on "Notepad."
- This is how the file should look. Keep this file open so you can input the "Company Name" and "Batch ID" you need into FingerCheck (which you'll do in the next few steps.)
Here's where the QuickBooks information will come in handy. Fill in the Payroll Export window box as follows:
Code: Fill in a brief title to label your export.
Description: Fill in a fuller description of the export.
Company Name: Enter your company name as it is written in QuickBooks, which you can tell from the QuickBooks export you pulled up on Notepad.
Batch ID: Enter your QuickBooks company number, which you can also tell from the QuickBooks export you pulled up on Notepad.
Export Type: Select QuickBooks.
Service Type, Customer/Job, Class/Project Mapped To: These three fields are optional to fill in. Only fill these in if you would like your employees' hours to be broken down on these three separate levels within QuickBooks. Within each drop down menu are cost center levels you can choose to be mapped to QuickBooks. In order to choose the appropriate cost center level, you'll need to set them up within FingerCheck first.
For help on setting up cost center levels click here.
- Once you've set up your export, click "Save."
- After you save your export, you should see it in your Payroll Exports window. Now that your export has been created, to run the actual export click on the "Payroll" tab.
- From the left sidebar select "Payroll Export." Choose the date frame you want to export and select the Export Type as "Quickbooks." Then click "Export." This will download a file that you can now import into QuickBooks.
- To import the information, open up QuickBooks and click on "Utilities," then "Import," then "Timer Activities."
- A pop up message will appear informing you of the import that is about to occur. Click "OK."
Once you've clicked "OK" to this pop-up, your information will begin importing to QuickBooks. Now that you have successfully set up your export, you can routinely follow this procedure to export, download and import your FingerCheck information into QuickBooks.
To learn more about our cost effective and user-friendly cloud-based time and attendance software, check out our website at FingerCheck.com. Interested in our services? Sign up for a 30-day free trial and get started with FingerCheck today.