For instance, if a company has multiple departments and would like to assign different policy setups by department, they can create a unique master profile for each department. They can also go into each individual’s profile and edit the master profile for each employee differently. The following instructions guide you through how to build and assign a master profile:
Remember that the function of a master profile is to assign one group of policies to your employees so that you can be spared the hassle of having to make individualized entries per employee. When you fill your policy out, please note that "Code," Description," "Pay Period," and "Earning Code" are mandatory to fill out. When you are finished, click "Save."
- Once you've clicked "Save" you can log out of the system or navigate to a different part of the site. This master profile will automatically be applied to every employee in the system.
- To make individualized changes to an employee's profile, go to your "Employee" tab and click on an employee's number.
- Go to "Profile." Click on "Edit."
- Now you can edit any of the fields you'd like. As you can see, we're editing the Overtime policy. When you finish click "Apply," and you're all set!
- If you'd like to assign a new profile to one or more employees, you can go to your "Employee" tab and check the boxes next to each employee's name. Click "Quick Actions" and select "Mass Change" to change a group of employees or even an individual employee's master profile type.
- From the "Change Type" drop down menu select, Master Profile.
- From the "Change To" drop down menu, select your alternate profile. In this case, no other master profile has yet been built, which is why you only see the same option.
Now you know how to set up a master profile, re-assign different profiles to different employees, and manually tweak individual employees' profiles.
To learn more about our cost effective and user-friendly cloud-based time and attendance software, check out our website at FingerCheck.com. Interested in our services? Sign up for a 30-day free trial and get started with FingerCheck today.